Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Prom 2008

For the past 2 years, we've enjoyed our annual "Prom", courtesy of our friend Trisha. Yes, you may be wondering, "prom, aren't you a little old for prom?" Well, it's our crazy and fun adult version that started when Trisha first moved up here and lived by a lake. So, the first prom was "Prom by the Lake" and we had to find the cheapest prom dress we could. Joy was the first annual prom queen.

Then last year, the prom theme was getting accessories from those little coin vending machine you see at the grocery store or in the mall. The catch was you had to wear anything you paid for. You'd be surprised at what $.25-$1 will get you! I was prom queen last year, (thank you very much) after we picked cards with different accessory names, and whoever had that type of accessory was left standing. I think these ridiculous false teeth I got were the winner. Til this day,we still glance at those vending machines and see what kind of "cool" stuff we can get. It's addicting!
Ok, so moving on to this year, the prom theme was to decorate slippers. Simple, yet fun. We each had a number and voted on the prom winner. Trisha's cousin's slippers won. They're the green ones on the right side with the tulips, daffodils, and grass coming up from them. Creative, huh!

Well, I thought it was simple a theme this year. Took Garrett DAYS and numerous trips to both Walmart and Target to decide what he wanted to do.

He finally decided on making it look like an airplane, or have "wings". He was reminiscing about how he used to wear his slippers on his hands during recess in elementary school 'cause "he tought would make him run faster." Yes, he's my baby's daddy...

I kept mine simple...decided to share the news of a baby boy arriving in a few months!

As usual, we always have way too much food to eat. We decided the stairs was a nice place to relax.

Finally, a baby update. We are 25+ weeks already (6 months)! I'm getting very anxious and nervous about the birth. Things are going great, except for a nagging cough I'm trying to fight off. Gained a total of 12 lbs already, which is normal. No cravings to report. The belly is starting to get in the way more; putting dishes away up in the cupboard and leaning over counters is getting hard. I can still see my feet, though! My students are also very excited to see me grow and are very respectful- they don't touch my tummy at all! :)