We got a little bit of snow this weekend, so the Federal Way School District is on a 2 hour late start today because of the slick roads. I would rather have late starts instead of cancelling school, since we don't have to make up late starts! Since I'm up and Cade is taking a snooze, I figured I should update this blog since it's half way through December already! Cade has lots of exciting updates!
First, he's a roller! He was getting very good at doing a half way roll for about a month now. He finally fully rolled over last week. I'm still trying to get sequential pictures of it happening; as soon as I take out the camera, he stops. We have video of him rolling, so I might need to be happy with having that. 
We usually will lay him down on the floor (on his back) and walk into the kitchen to grab something. This is now how we find him- rolled over, looking around! It's cute. Every time he rolls, he has this excited and shocked look on his face like, "OH! What just happened?"
Secondly, Cade had his first taste of solids! YAH! Mom brought up poi during Thanksgiving, so Cade had his first taste yesterday. Cade was always eyeing our food and reaching for it. At the mall on Saturday, Garrett had Cade in the front carrier and was trying to eat frozen yogurt; Cade kept reaching out for some. Every time Garrett would move the spoon to his mouth, Cade would open his mouth and eye it out. He was finally content on chewing on the spoon.
Mmmmm poi! Poi is made from cooking then mashing taro root (kinda looks like a potato). It's the starch staple in Hawaii (next to rice); all babies start eating taro because of its bland taste and hypoallergenic nature. Cade was initially surprised that there was something on the spoon and quickly attempted to slurp it down. Most of it got on his bib.
We are getting ready for Cade's first trip to Hawaii! We found these shades for him to wear when we go to the beach! Garrett and Cade might travel a few days before me, by themselves! So, if you see a confused, distraught Daddy or hear a screaming baby, just put your earphones in and turn up the music a little. Nah, I'm sure Cade will do fantastic on the plane; he'll probably flirt and smile at all the flight attendants!
Finally, I clean out Cade's drawers every couple of weeks now, since he's growing so quickly! I found this onesie that my Aunty Elaine sent, and Cade didn't even wear it yet! Even though it's a 3 month size, I squeezed him into it! I had been waiting to have him wear it, but it was too big for the longest time and then the weather got colder. (Sigh).
Cade has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now; goes to bed around 8:30pm and wakes around 6am. Sometimes he'll fuss around 4:30am, but finds his thumb and soothes himself back to sleep. A very easy going, happy and fun baby. We're thankful...