I know, I'm a little behind in posting. This semester has been crazy so I figured I needed to catch up a little before Winter break starts!
For our Fall break in October, we decided at the last minute to head to Hilo for the weekend for Cade's first judo tournament. Garrett and I haven't been to Hilo for at least 20 years, so we decided it was a good excuse to go and visit friends too!
We got to see Levi and Lily in passing at the airport before we left
Cade did very well in his first state judo tournament. He placed 2nd... out of 3 in his novice division! :) He was thrilled, and so were we!
Hilo has soooooo many yummy places to eat! Daddy and Cade enjoyed gravy burgers several times! YUM!
We were lucky that the Shih family invited us to stay with them! We had so much fun hanging out with Esme and Chan-man (and their parents too!)
Cade said he wants a younger brother just like Chan-man. We told him a brother wasn't guaranteed and he said, "I dunno what you mean!?"
We played tourist and checked out the water falls. Hilo was very hot and muggy! It rained a little, but it was humid!
The kids loved catching fish at Lilioukalani park. We went back a couple times just to catch the little guppies.
Hanging out at the zoo
Slushy floats! YUMMY!