Saturday, September 27, 2008

Back to work...

My maternity leave ended. My time home with Cade went by way too fast and it was way too short. I wish I could've spent more time home with him, but we gotta make money to feed him! I did miss my students, but it's hard to return to them when you know there's a cute, chubby-cheeked baby waiting for you at home. Garrett was able to take the week off so that I could transition back to work easier. It was a big help and a huge relief! He enjoyed being a stay-at-home-daddy! Isn't that funny!

Cade made the return a little easier too; he's now sleeping 5-5.5 hours during the night, so we just get up once to feed him.

We decided we wanted to take monthly pictures of Cade for our photo albums. Well, Kyle offered to watch Cade last weekend so Garrett and I could go grocery shopping and have some alone time. This is what I find on my camera:

SCARY, HUH!We also realized he miscalculated his months. He's old, but not that old.

The doctor recommended that Cade get at least 2 hours of tummy time and not be sitting in anything that might be putting pressure on his head. This is to prevent him from getting a flat head. So basically, she said we should be carrying him as much as we can and he shouldn't be in a bouncer, swing, or his carrier for too long everyday. Talk about getting spoiled! Well, Garrett likes to lean him up on the couch, and Cade absolutely loves it! Once in awhile, though, he does tip over sideways, but he thinks it's funny!

There are so many cool products out there for babies. This is his Bumbo (not Bimbo); it's a chair to help support babies who can hold their heads ups, but not sit up yet. I forgot we had this in the closet and didn't think Cade was big enough to use it. Well, stay-at-home-daddy, Garrett, decides to try it out when I'm at school. Another device to keep Cade from getting a flat head.

Looks like he's trying to drive! What a funny, serious face he has on! Maybe he was trying to poop...