Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Aunty Lynette's quilt...

When we first found out we were expecting a baby boy, my Aunty Jocelyn and Aunty Lynette offered to buy us his bedding. At the time, I couldn't decide between one that had fishes and one that had polka dots. I also wanted something unique, so I asked Aunty Lynette if she'd be willing to make a quilt instead. Boy are we happy we asked! We were so excited to open her package and see this:
We're hoping to figure out a way to hang it on the wall until he's old enough to use it. Plus, Cade is a drool monster right now, so I don't want to be washing the quilt daily and wearing it out.
I asked my Aunty to put any type of sea animal, but in particular fish...
turtle...
and a tako (octopus in Hawaiian).
She picked the rest of the animals, which are all so cute!
Seahorse
Jelly fish
Manta ray
Crab
Dolphin Of course niele (nosey) Sporty had to come see what I was taking pictures of. :)

Lastly, when all our family was visiting last week, Cade starting sucking his hand as comfort. After a few days, he was starting to suck individual fingers or pairs. Finally, he decided his right thumb is his favorite and has been busily chomping at it the last two days.