Saturday, January 14, 2012

photographer pics...

A few of our friends referred us to a new photographer. I checked out some of her work and loved the way she didn't use traditional poses. We decided to take pictures with Kristy Copperfield for our holiday cards and to make canvas prints for Gammy's Christmas present. 

It was hard to keep the photos a surprise for over a month. First, I had to lie and tell her we were going to a birthday party, since I knew we wouldn't be able to get out of the house dressed like we were. Then I had to bribe Cade to not tell her that we didn't go to a birthday party. Of course when we got home, Gammy asked him if he sang "Happy Birthday" or had birthday cake- of course he said "no, I had cookies from Aunty who kept taking my picture". That made my mom a little suspicious- but I tried to cover up and say he was off playing and missed the cake and singing.

Phew. So, I thought we were in the clear. Kristy the photographer posted some proofs on my facebook wall and my mom doesn't have fb so I knew she wouldn't see them. Well, I thought wrong- someone happened to see my mom out at a store (or somewhere I can't remember) and mentioned that we had cute pics up on my fb page! AAAHHHH! So, thinking I was probably gonna have to throw in the towel- but my fabulous sister covered up for me and told my mom it was pics from a recent wedding the kids were in.

We were able to make canvas prints of a couple of our favorites and gave them to Gammy a couple days before Christmas. She loved them! 
 Family photo. Kenny was a grump that day- but Kristy worked her magic!
 Daddy and the kids
 Mommy and the kids
 
 Cade was so photogenic. He loved being able to lay on the bed and then jump up and down!
 I love how Kristy captured Kendyll- so natural. The finger sucking one is SO her! The one where she looks like she's dancing on the bed is her actually crying to get off!

 I forgot to mention that we took the pictures during a special styled mini shoot Kristy set up. There was a bed and lots of prop and decorations set up at the Hui Noeau.
Thank you Kristy! The pics came out better than we could've imagined!!!