The month of January has been quite a traveling month for me. In the last two and a half weeks, I've been to Oahu twice and spent a weekend in WA- very unusual for me to be on a plane so much, and I'm happy to say my feet will be grounded on Maui for awhile.
So, first off- my quick trip to WA. I wish it was under happier circumstances, but a dear friend of mine passed away. Many thanks to Garrett, my mom, and my mother-in-law for watching the kids and giving me the opportunity to go honor and remember Jean. My MIL Carol's flying benefits have been a huge help - which have been spoiling me in first class! Remember how I took a 48 hour trip to WA in June (see back here) for graduation. Well, I did exactly the same to attend Jean's memorial. One big difference- the weather! Seattle was hit with a HUGE snowstorm, so my initial plans of flying out Thursday changed because the roads were icy and dangerous. Luckily, the ice melted and were safe to drive on. Thanks Marina, Chester, and Addy for providing me with a warm bed! Brrrrr my body isn't used to the cold anymore!
I was able to have dinner with the HI gang! Oh, how it was sooooo much fun to talk and catch up- it's like we never skipped a beat by leaving. I finally got to meet cute little Esme! She's cute in pictures, but even more precious in person!
Esme showing off her standing skills and cheesy smile! OOOHHHH so stinkin' cute!
Mr Jacob- calm as always!
Miss Addison- she didn't really care for me at the beginning. Sorta just stared me down; finally warmed up to me by the end of the night. :)
Thankfully, I safely made it to WA and back, despite all the snow, wind, rain, power-loss, and flooding they experienced. I think a family trip will be in the works soon. :)
Four days after my return from WA, we were now all back on a plane to Oahu for a special ceremony with the governor.
In April 2010, just three days before Kendyll was born, I decided to attempt my National Board license. The portfolio and assessment process took nearly a year (see here about when I finished) and then another eight months to receive my results. In November, I found out I passed and became part of the 3% of teachers in the nation who have achieved this status! As a result, the governor was having a special ceremony to honor this years newly certified teachers.
Since I had a free trip, we decided to make it a family affair and visit Grandma and Grandpa since we didn't go over for the holidays.
Grandpa's beloved Donna Kimura orchids. Good thing I snapped pics- they were gone the next day to the florist!
Kenny has become quite photogenic- she took some cute pics when I told her to go smell the flowers!
I tease Garrett all the time about his obsession with our yard, but I can see how he finds peace in doing the yard work. We spent a couple hours helping pick up leaves and trash around the my grandpa's hot house and it was actually quite relaxing. I guess it's something about how the plants don't talk back or scream in tantrum! :)
Kenny enjoying the bike
Visiting the Children's Discovery museum
Cade and Daddy practicing with his new glove!
No need for a jungle-gym! Just use Great grandpa's walker! Look at Cade holding himself up!
Thanks to Uncle Les for the Pro Bowl tickets! It was HOT while we got our snacks, but our seats were in the shade with a cool breeze!
Cade fell asleep around the middle of the 3rd Quarter. Not bad! He had so much fun!
Bye Great Grandma, Great Grandpa, Aunty Jocelyn, and Uncle Leslie! See you again soon!