Thursday, August 7, 2014

Vegas mini honeymoon...

The main reason we went to Vegas was for our friends' wedding. We were lucky that our moms offered to watch the kids so we could go alone. Sort of our mini honeymoon we never had!
 
Here's a funny story... we stayed at the MGM Grand, where the wedding was gonna be. The night before the wedding, we stayed out late, but not too late. Of course, having no kids, and black out curtains in the hotel, we got to sleep in! Thursday morning, we got ready and rushed downstairs to the wedding... 30 min early! Ok... so we thought we knew where the wedding chapel was. If you've never been to MGM, it's HUGE! I left it up to Garrett to know where he was going (DUH, my mistake!). Of course... we headed in the complete opposite direction. I kept asking people and they kept pointing different ways. As we are running through the casino... my sandal breaks! Good thing I could run up to the room! Needless to say, we found the chapel as Nicole was walking down. So, everyone got to see us donkeys walk in late. BOO!

 
Congrats Brad and Nicole!
 
After the wedding we went SHOPPING! Garrett was a trooper while we shop, shop, shopped!

 
Dinner at In-N-out was his reward for shopping. He had a 3x3 (3 patties), while I protein style (no bun). Animal style and regular fries on the side. YUM!

 
He claims next time he's gonna do the 4x4 (4 patties)

 
Thanks to social media, we realized our friend from Pacific was in town! Whoo hoo! We met him at M&M, then walked to Paris with him. Doesn't look far... but in heels it was! Plus it was HOT: still in the 80's at night! PHEW!

 
Friday was another day of shopping. I worked out great: Nicole and I went to the outlets, while Brad and Garrett went to Bass Pro. Win-win!

That night we met up with our friend Marianne for Jabbawockeez!
 

 
I promised G we would do the roller coaster. We did it several years ago, and haven't had a chance to go back.

 

 
 I survived!

We checked out the new Hershey's store.


 
Garrett's dinner

 
Personalized chocolate bar

We gambled downtown Friday night and got home as the sun was rising! EEECCCKK!!! Haven't done that in years!

Saturday we met up with Brad and Nicole and took them to Bachi burger- a place we saw on the Food Network. 
 
Yummy fries

 
Garrett's burger. 
My stomach wasn't too happy with me, so I didn't get to indulge in their famous burgers. :(

 
Bellagio 

We braved the sweltering heat and walked across to Caesar's Palace... 

 
and saw this football legend! G was pretty excited. I can only imagine how he'd act if it was his favorite: Marshall Faulk. Watch out!

Sadly, we didn't win our millions... so back to work. :(