Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The summer came... and went...


I'm letting out a very loud grunt and sigh as I write this. How can the summer just pass through like the wind? Maybe it's because we had an amazing summer, that it's so hard to face the reality that it has ended... 


It was such a fun and busy summer, that I really didn't update the blog. Nope... not once. :)

Let's catch up a little in May:
 
Cade's first May Day performance. For all you mainlanders reading this and wondering, "what the heck May Day is and why is it so important?" 
 
My explanation: it's a cultural event. All the grade levels perform a song or two and celebrate the mixed culture of Hawaii. Garrett and I planned ahead so we wouldn't miss Cade's dance. We also got to have lunch with him. 

 
Celebrating the end of Kenny's school year at graduation. Don't panic- she still has one more year of preschool! Yikes!

 
Cade's last day of Kindergarten! OMG! 

So the summer was amazing...


LOTS of beach time!
 
An impromptu dinner picnic 

 
More weekday beach time

Amazing 4th of July sunset

Then a quick Las Vegas get away... just the two of us! 

Garrett has Gold status, so we were upgraded to the seats right behind first class. So much legroom! We also bumped into friend from Pacific who was our flight attendant!
Here's the first day of LV pics... I'll update more soon!




 
 
 We had fun spoiling our niece!