Saturday, March 30, 2013

Las Vegas, Part II...

In February, my grandparents asked us to plan a trip to Vegas again. I guess we did a good job in October! About a week before we left, we started to prep the kids that we would be gone again for a few days. Cade's initial response, "AGAIN!? You guys always go to Vegas! I wanna go to Vegas too!" 

 
Grandpa on his favorite machine. Too bad it wasn't giving any money back! 

 
During the day we ventured off to shop and eat out. Checking out the big fish at Bass Pro Shops

 
In N Out Burger is a must! This time we had "animal style fries"! YUM! 

 
We didn't make it to Bellagio in October, so we made sure to make time for it this trip. The beautiful spring flowers had a very strong aroma too!

Kenny would've loved the butterfly  house...

 
... and the giant lady bugs!

 
I was the "big" winner on the trip: $140 at Bingo... 

 
...and $120 on slots. Plus a little bit at craps and Pai Gow. I think my small winnings offset all of Garrett's misfortunes. 

 
We caught the red-eye back to Honolulu, so we both had to sport our glasses for the trip. I was lucky to have fallen asleep for most of the 6 hour flight back; Garrett and my grandparents weren't so fortunate. I kept telling Garrett "wow, that was a fast flight!" but he wasn't too thrilled with it and thought the flight was soooooo long! We were again blessed with a successful, uneventful trip... who knows, maybe another trip in 6 months? :)